Call for designers to participate in Afro-Euro Runway Competition
The Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria and ECOWAS and its Member States in collaboration with The Fashion Academy are organising a Fashion Design competition, tagged “Afro-Euro Runway”. The Competition is in line with the theme of the 2023 Europe Day Celebration, ‘European Year of Skills‘.
We encourage designers to create collections that are inspired by the theme. The theme is open to interpretation and can be inspired by a particular era, culture, or style. We believe that this theme will allow designers to showcase their creativity and to design collections that are unique and memorable.
We will select finalists based on the following criteria:
- The quality and uniqueness of their collections.
- The relevance of their collections to the theme.
- The professionalism of the designer
To apply to participate in the competition, please submit the following:
- A brief description of your brand and design philosophy in not more than one page.
- A sketch, video or photos of a collection of at least three outfits prepared for the competition
- A portfolio of your recent collections (pictures/videos) with a description of design aesthetic.
- Signed copyright assignment agreement to confirm that you own the designs and have the right to use them in the competition